Table of Contents
Are you a Sri Lankan citizen dreaming of exploring the vibrant culture, stunning landscapes, and tantalizing cuisine of Turkey? Well, fret no more because we have got you covered! In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through every step of obtaining a Turkey visa for Sri Lanka citizens. From necessary documents to application procedures and insider tips, consider this your ultimate roadmap to make your Turkish adventure come true. So grab a cup of tea and get ready to embark on an exciting journey towards securing your Turkey visa hassle-free!
Introduction to the Turkey Visa for Sri Lanka Citizens
Turkey is a popular tourist destination known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. For citizens of Sri Lanka who wish to visit this beautiful country, a visa is required. In this section, we will provide you with all the essential information about obtaining a Turkey visa as a Sri Lankan citizen.
Types of Visa Available
There are several types of visas available for Sri Lankan citizens who wish to travel to Turkey. The type of visa you need will depend on your purpose of travel and the duration of your stay.
- Tourist Visa – This type of visa is suitable for those who want to visit Turkey for leisure or tourism purposes. It allows multiple entries into the country and allows you to stay up to 90 days within a period of 180 days.
- Business Visa – If you are traveling to Turkey for business purposes such as attending meetings, conferences, or trade fairs, this visa is suitable for you. It also allows multiple entries and has a maximum validity of one year with each stay not exceeding 30 days.
- Student Visa – Students who wish to study in Turkey can apply for a student visa which allows them to stay in the country throughout their course duration.
- Work Visa – For those planning on working in Turkey, a work visa is required. This type of visa allows multiple entries and has a maximum validity of one year with each stay not exceeding 90 days.TURKEY VISA FOR YEMEN CITIZENS
Types of Visas Available for Sri Lanka Citizens
As a Sri Lankan citizen, there are several types of visas available for you to travel to Turkey. The type of visa you require will depend on the purpose and duration of your visit. In this section, we will discuss the different types of visas available for Sri Lankan citizens who want to travel to Turkey.
- Tourist Visa:
The tourist visa is the most common type of visa for Sri Lankans traveling to Turkey for leisure or tourism purposes. This visa allows you to stay in Turkey for a maximum period of 90 days within a six-month period. You can apply for this visa online through the Turkish e-Visa website or at the Turkish embassy in Colombo.
- Business Visa:
If you are planning to visit Turkey for business purposes such as attending meetings, conferences, or negotiating contracts, you will need a business visa. This visa also allows you to participate in short-term training programs or trade fairs in Turkey. The validity period and duration of stay allowed under this visa may vary depending on your specific purpose.
- Work Visa:
Sri Lankan citizens who wish to work in Turkey must obtain a work visa before entering the country. To be eligible for this visa, you must have a job offer from a Turkish company and provide relevant documents such as employment contract and work permit from the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for a Turkey Visa:
- Determine the type of visa you need: The first step in applying for a Turkey visa is to determine the type of visa you require. There are different types of visas available, such as tourist, business, education, and work visas. Make sure to research and understand the specific requirements for each type of visa.
- Check your eligibility: Before starting the application process, it is essential to check if you are eligible for a Turkey visa. Sri Lanka citizens can apply for an e-visa or get one upon arrival at the airport. However, certain criteria must be met, such as having a valid passport with at least six months’ validity and no previous immigration violations.
- Gather necessary documents: After determining the type of visa and checking eligibility, gather all the required documents. These may include a completed visa application form, valid passport with at least two blank pages, recent passport-sized photographs, travel itinerary or airline tickets, proof of accommodation reservations in Turkey, bank statements showing sufficient funds for your stay in Turkey and any other supporting documents required for your specific visa category.
- Complete online application: For Sri Lanka citizens traveling to Turkey as tourists or on business purposes for up to 90 days within a 180-day period can apply online through the Turkish government’s official e-visa website (www.evisa.gov.tr). Fill out all necessary information accurately and pay the e-visa fee using a credit or debit
Obtaining a Turkey visa for Sri Lanka citizens requires the submission of certain documents to the Turkish Embassy or Consulate. These documents are necessary to support your visa application and provide evidence of your purpose of travel, financial stability, and ties to your home country.
- Valid Passport:
The most important document required for a Turkey visa is a valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your intended departure from Turkey. It should also have at least two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Visa Application Form:
All applicants must fill out an online visa application form through the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System (e-Visa). The form will require personal information such as name, address, contact details, and purpose of travel. Make sure to double-check all information before submitting the form.
- Passport-sized Photos:
Two recent passport-sized photos with a white background are required for a Turkey visa application. The photos should not be older than six months and must show your full face without any accessories such as hats or sunglasses.
- Flight Reservation:
A confirmed flight reservation is needed to prove that you intend to leave Turkey at the end of your visit. This can be in the form of an actual flight ticket or a detailed itinerary from a travel agency.